I love celebrating our readers, where would we as authors be without them exploring our imagination? It’s time to celebrate another fascinating lady. Mrs. Laura L. Ferdinand a beautiful and talented woman with a kind heart, always looking out for others without asking for anything in return. She always finds time to create and share her craft with others. Laura always finds a way of making us smile each day with her good mornings, and words of encouragements. She been married for nearly 40yrs, a mother of five daughters, four grandsons and one granddaughter. She’s a US Navy Retiree. (Thank you for your service!) Laura enjoys reading, traveling, the love of water and the company of her family and friends.
Items on her bucket list: Going on a cruise with my family (which is planned and scheduled soon), and to travel by train.
1. Outside of reading what do you like to do? I like cooking, looking out at the water and watching home remodeling/improvement shows.
2. What is your all time favorite book? Too many to only pinpoint one… all of your books are included.
3. What are you reading right now? Her Russian Beast by Theodora Taylor
4. Favorite book you’ve read last year? Since I read quite a few, the list is long.
5. Favorite place to read? In the living room on the recliner.
6. What makes you love a book? When I’m so enthralled reading it that I don’t want to put it down.
7. What will inspire you to recommend a book? When the book touches me so deeply, that I want others to enjoy that experience.
8. Favorite genre? A book that piques my interest I will read, but IR is my favorite genre.
9. Do you have a reading snack? No, but I’ve been known to enjoy a glass of wine on occasions.
10. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I don’t give them.
11. How many books do you usually read in a month? Ten to twelve.
12. The longest you’ve gone without reading? A week.
13. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through? If I lost the interest, or if a long awaited book came out that I’d been waiting for.
14. If you could be a character in a book, who would it be and why? Jewel Martinez, Gemma Gabrini, Xenia Aknaten, Sherry Johnston, Mya Pike, Kennedy Flanagan and Renee Medlov
15. Who are your favorite authors? There are quite a few to list with your name being one of them
16. Have you ever considered writing a book? No, but my daughter has written a wonderful IR romance novel which I hope gets published someday.
17. What makes you buy a book? Author’s previous work and word of mouth.
18. Name your most memorable character? I have so many til it’s hard to pinpoint just one. But, Javier in Love Through Pain, is one of the characters who really touched my heart.
19. If you could change places with a character for one day, who would it be and why? To name a couple out of many, would probably be Jewel, Xenia, and Mirabella. The reason is because they are independent, successful in their own rite, and strong. They would have to be, considering the choice in men.
20. What book made you angry? Monster by Franchetta Phal
21. What book made you laugh? A Love Like This by Kimberly Lane
22. What book made you cry? Avarice by S. W. Frank
23. What makes a character an Alpha? One who is strong physically, mentally and emotionally but, whose only weakness is the love of that someone special. Determined, fiercely protective of what’s his.
24. What would you like to see more in books? Books with secondary family interaction. I like books that incorporate the characters from book to books. It’s like watching/reading a movie on pages.
Thank you Laura L. Ferdinand, it’s been a pleasure…