I love celebrating our readers, where would we be without our loyal friends. It’s that time again, celebrating another wonderful woman. I had the pleasure of meeting Michelle D. Jackson in Virginia Beach last year, and let me tell you she is a breath of fresh air. We hit it off from the moment we spoke. Her beautiful spirit inspired one of my stories coming up, Never Too Late. And, I’m also waiting for Michelle to write her own book, she’s a very talented woman. She currently lives in Falls Church, VA and works in Washington, D. C. as a Real Estate Paralegal and Notary Public. Michelle recently celebrated her birthday.
Here’s a few things we might not know about Michelle D. Jackson? She’s a Great-Aunt. She was born in Bremerhaven, West Germany, and she has a huge crush on former UFC Welterweight Champion Georges “Rush” St-Pierre.
- Outside of reading what do you like to do? I love cooking.
- What is your all-time favorite book? WOW! That’s a really hard one. I have to say the Holy Bible because in it I can find peace, restoration and healing.
- What are you reading right now? I am reading “Chasing the Storm” by Aliyah Burke; “Seth” by Tess Oliver;
- Favorite book you’ve read last year? Oh my!! I don’t have just one. There were a number of them that owned me last year.
- Favorite place to read? In my bed.
- What makes you love a book? When it grabs me and pulls me in from the first word until the last. A book that is believable or based upon a realistic situation.
- What will inspire you to recommend a book? A book that causes me to talk out loud, curse, laugh, cry and make me feel connected.
- Favorite genre? IR/MC; Paranormal; and Military.
- Do you have a reading snack? Not really. If I feel the need to eat it is most likely going to be chips of some kind.
- How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I try to give constructive reviews but if the book is that bad, I’m much more likely to e-mail the author and tell them what went horribly wrong for me.
- How many books do you usually read in a month? Books in a month …10-15.
- The longest you’ve gone without reading? 3 days.
- What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through? The book not making any sense; or being unable to get into the story; or poor editing or a bad story.
- Who are your favorite authors? In no particular order: Kassanna; Aliyah Burke; Latrivia Nelson; Sam Cheever; Dahlia Rose; Sydney Addae; Yvette Hines; Lara Adrian; Toye Lawson-Brown; Ancelli; Jennifer Ashley; Erosa Knowles; Shyla Colt; and Roxie Rivera, just to name a few.
- Have you ever considered writing a book? Yes, I have.
- What makes you buy a book? If I know the author or if a trusted friend recommends a book or if the summary grabs me and says “Chelle, Buy ME!!!”
- Name your most memorable character? Silas Knight
- If you could change places with a character for one day, who would it be and why? Jasmine Knight. I want to wield her power to settle some things.
- What book made you laugh? Quite a few of them and too many of them to pick just one. Not the entire book but scenes from each one.
- What book made you cry? “Love Through Pain.”
- What makes a character an Alpha? An alpha male has certain unmistakable characteristics. A natural leader, he is a pack-builder. He leads, provides for and protects his pack (his significant other, his buddies, his teammates, and so on.
Here are other qualities that I agree makes a man an Alpha: http://chadhowsefitness.com/2012/11/25-characteristics-of-an-alpha-male